Apache to Abandon Egyptian Well
Regal Petroleum reports that an unsuccessful well test has been conducted in the ERB-B-1X well operated by Apache East Ras Budran Corp. LDC in the East Ras Budran ("ERB") Concession in which Regal holds a 25% working interest.
The well was spudded on October 7, 2007 and drilled to a total depth of 5,146 feet in basement, several zones in the well had oil shows and the well was subsequently tested without a productive flow of oil being achieved. The well is now being plugged and abandoned.
The ERB-B-1X well is the second of two commitment wells in the initial
exploration period of the ERB Concession. An additional exploration well, ERB-B-2X, is now under consideration to be drilled in late 2007 if a suitable drilling rig can be mobilized to the area.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ancala Acquires Apache's Two North Sea Gas Pipeline Assets (Nov 20)
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
Company: Regal Petroleum more info
- Regal Completes and Hooks Up SV-59 Well Onshore Ukraine (Feb 06)
- Regal Reports Lower Production from Ukraine Operations (Jan 03)
- Regal Updates on Ukrainian Reserves (Apr 15)