Antrim Secures Rig for 2008 North Sea Drilling Program
Antrim Energy says that a second contract has been signed for a drilling rig to be used as part of Antrim's planned 2008 drilling program in the UK North Sea.
The contract will provide Antrim with the Transocean Prospect semisub. This is in addition to the drilling contract previously announced for the Fyne Field which is scheduled to commence in the first quarter of 2008. The new contract, scheduled to start next June, is for four wells at a rate of $300,000/day and will be managed by AGR Peak Well Management. AGR also managed the successful multi-well drilling program on the Antrim-operated Causeway property in the UK Northern North Sea.
The drilling contract will allow Antrim to accelerate appraisal activity on the Company's existing properties in the Northern and Central North Sea and is also expected to provide Antrim with the flexibility to add additional drilling opportunities to its 2008 program.
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Antrim Energy more info
- Enegi Mulls Newfoundland Divestment, Increased Stake in ABT (Aug 29)
- Antrim Energy Considering Selling Stake in Causeway Field (Nov 15)
- Production Resumes at Causeway, Cormorant East Fields (Oct 25)
Company: AGR Group more info
- AGR Signs MOU with SP Offshore for Work Offshore Comoros Islands (May 07)
- BP Norge Awards AGR New Frame Agreement (Jun 10)
- Ghanaian Parliament Ratifies South Deepwater Tano Deal (Jan 27)