Aker Kvaerner Signs Subsea Frame Agreement with Woodside
Aker Kvaerner has signed a frame agreement with Woodside Petroleum Ltd to become the Australian oil and gas giant's preferred supplier of steel tube umbilicals. The contract could be worth between NOK 150 - 200 million annually.
The frame agreement is awarded for a three year period with optional periods of one + one year and has the potential to support Woodside Petroleum Ltd with its proposed LNG developments.
The agreement will make Aker Kvaerner's subsea division the main supplier of steel tube umbilicals to Woodside's field developments off the western coast of Australia. "It is of major strategic importance that we now get a proper foothold in the Australian market," says Raymond Carlsen, executive vice president Aker Kvaerner Subsea. "The predictability a frame agreement offers is beneficial to both Woodside and us. We are very pleased that Woodside considered our technical solution to be the best and most cost effective one."
As part of the contract, Aker Kvaerner will be responsible for the design, manufacturing, testing, certification, delivery and installation support of the umbilical systems.
Woodside is Australia's largest publicly traded oil and gas exploration and production company with a market value of A $34 billion (US $30 billion).
- Kvaerner Sees Rising Revenues, Better Margins in 4Q (Feb 14)
- Reliance Fires Up Gas Production from India's KG-D6 Block (Apr 02)
- Sonardyne Snags Life-of-Field Contract for Petrobras' Cascade, Chinook (Feb 18)
Company: Woodside more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)