Granby Secures Rig Slot for April/May 2008
Granby Oil and Gas has reached agreement with AGR Petroleum to utilize the semi-submersible drilling rig Transocean Prospect to drill a well in the central North Sea. Drilling is expected to commence around April 2008.
Granby will decide which prospect will be drilled early next year following interpretation of four new seismic surveys, which were acquired earlier in 2007. The rig could also be utilized for farm in to an appraisal or development opportunity.
David Grassick, Managing Director of Granby Oil and Gas, said:
"We are very pleased to have secured this rig. Whilst we have yet to identify which prospect we plan to drill, this rig provides us with a certain amount of flexibility and opportunities and will ensure further drilling activity early next year."
- Granby: Tristan NW Gas Development Successfully Drilled and Tested (Feb 28)
- Granby and Petro-Canada Agree to Cross Assignment in UKCS Quad 13 (Feb 06)
- Granby Completes Drilling in N. Sea, First Gas Delayed (Jan 28)
Company: AGR Group more info
- AGR Signs MOU with SP Offshore for Work Offshore Comoros Islands (May 07)
- BP Norge Awards AGR New Frame Agreement (Jun 10)
- Ghanaian Parliament Ratifies South Deepwater Tano Deal (Jan 27)