Shell signs MOU with Regal Petroleum for Ukraine Gas
Shell Exploration & Production Ukraine Investments (I) B.V. has signed a non-binding memorandum of understanding with Regal Petroleum plc, to acquire a 51% interest in Regal Petroleum, a wholly owned subsidiary of Regal Petroleum plc indirectly holding the licenses for the Mekhediviska-Golotvschinska and Svyrydivske gas fields in Ukraine.
Under the terms of the MOU, Shell would become the operator of the gas fields, which are in the Dniepr Donetsk sedimentary basin where most of Ukraine's gas and condensate production is located.
Patrick van Daele, General Manager, Shell Ukraine Exploration & Production 1 LLC, commented: "The MOU is another important step in Shell's development in Ukraine. The growth potential from the Mekhediviska-Golotvschinska and Svyrydivske fields is a clear fit with Shell's strategy."
The negotiations, which are exclusive to Shell and Regal, are subject to due diligence and final transactional documentation. If successfully completed, the MOU builds on Shell's position in the Dniepr Donetsk basin.
Operates 29 Offshore Rigs
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
Company: Regal Petroleum more info
- Regal Completes and Hooks Up SV-59 Well Onshore Ukraine (Feb 06)
- Regal Reports Lower Production from Ukraine Operations (Jan 03)
- Regal Updates on Ukrainian Reserves (Apr 15)