Clough Turns to PSS for High-Spec ROV Systems
Perry Slingsby Systems (PSS) has secured a contract to deliver two Triton® XLX (TXLX) ROV systems to engineering and construction contractor Clough.
PSS' manufacturing base in Kirkbymoorside will deliver the 3000m rated TXLX systems to Clough within the second quarter of 2008.
The 150HP systems will be installed on the "REM Clough", a purpose-build diving support and subsea construction vessel operating in the Asia Pacific market, which is due for completion in June 2008.
Each TXLX system features the ICE™ control system (Integrated Controls Engine) and a standard suite of survey and advanced tooling interfaces. ICE™ is the latest generation of subsea control system that provides an intuitive front end user interface with unparalleled system level diagnostics.
PSS is a member of Triton Group Holdings (TGH), which is an international group of businesses, offering a range of control system based products and systems with complimentary services. Products include the widest range of market leading electric and hydraulic ROVs for inspection, survey and light intervention applications through to deepwater heavy construction applications.
The Group also offers a comprehensive range of ancillary remote intervention products and tooling systems as well as operational services such as training programs, offshore personnel recruitment, equipment rentals, management and servicing.
Kevin Taylor, managing director of TGH (UK) Ltd said: "We are always pleased to welcome new customers and it's even more important to have a foothold in the southern hemisphere where there is a growing market for remote intervention technologies.
"Having placed their confidence in Perry Slingsby Systems, the staff will demonstrate to Clough why PSS is a market leader in global technology with their dedication and commitment to customer satisfaction coupled with their ability to produce reliable and innovative products."
- Australia's Clough Bags 2 Engineering Services Contracts (Apr 06)
- Clough Bags Hook-up Services Contract for Ichthys FPSO from DSME (Jan 28)
- SHI Awards Ichthys LNG Project CPF Hook-up Services Contract to Clough (Jan 27)
Company: Perry Slingsby Systems more info
- Triton's Next Gen ROV Makes a Splash in Subsea Market (Feb 10)
- Triton Secures ROV Deal with Asia Pacific Client (Sep 14)
- Triton Group to Unveil Next Generation ROV (Aug 31)
Company: Triton Group Holdings more info
- Triton XLX Enhances Features with BlueView, SeaTrack CoPilot (Jun 17)
- Triton Wins New MOD Contract (Apr 13)
- Triton Unveils New Subsea Technology at Oceanology (Mar 09)