Marathon to Use Bredford Dolphin at PL311
Marathon Petroleum Norge has been granted consent by the Petroleum Safety Authority Norway to carry out exploration drilling in the northern North Sea with the semisub Bredford Dolphin.
Well 31/1-1 lies approximately 25 kilometers northeast of Oseberg and belongs to production license 311 with Marathon as the operator. Other licensees are Talisman Energy Norge AS and Gaz de France Norge AS.
The Bredford Dolphin received the Petroleum Safety Authority Norway's Acknowledgement of Compliance on June 28, 2007.
The activity will start once the rig has completed an assignment for Det Norske Oljeselskap and is estimated to last up to 50 days.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Harvey's Wake Tempers Bullish Outlook for US Oil Output Growth (Sep 01)
- RoyalGate to Drill New Well in Equatorial Guinea's Block Z (Sep 25)
- ShaMaran Subsidiary to Contest TAQA Default Notice (Sep 21)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)