Anadarko Extends Discoverer Spirit Contract
Transocean reports that the ultra-deepwater drillship Discoverer Spirit has been awarded a three-year contract by Anadarko Petroleum for drilling operations in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico.
The three-year contract is expected to commence in December 2010, following the completion of the rig's existing contract commitments in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico.
The estimated contract revenues which could be generated over the three-year contract period are $569.4 million. Estimated contract revenues represent the maximum amount of revenues that may be earned in the firm contract period, excluding revenues for mobilization, demobilization and cost escalation from November 1, 2007.
The Discoverer Spirit is one of 34 High-Specification Floaters in the Transocean fleet, 13 of which are Ultra-Deepwater Floaters. The rig, which entered service in 2000, is capable of operating in water depths of up to 10,000 feet.
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- 4 Ways Agile Sourcing Can Lead Enterprises to Success (Nov 10)
- Gadfly: Anadarko Woke Up, and It Really Smells the Coffee (Nov 01)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
Manages 53 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)