CHC Helicopter to Deploy and Additional SAR EC225 in the North Sea
CHC Helicopter Corporation has secured a contract renewal and upgrade with StatoilHydro for the provision of one Eurocopter EC225 all-weather search and rescue helicopter in support of StatoilHydro's offshore operations in the North Sea.
The helicopter will be based at StatoilHydro's Oseberg field and is an addition to the contract awarded in June 2007, in which CHC agreed to provide two EC225 all-weather search and rescue helicopters. The 7.5-year contract term will commence in October 2008, with additional options for up to four years.
CHC currently operates one all-weather search and rescue Eurocopter AS332L1 for StatoilHydro's Oseberg field. The AS332L1 currently operating will continue to operate as part of this new agreement, until the new EC225 arrives in late 2009. At that time, CHC will operate a total of three all-weather search and rescue EC225s for StatoilHydro in Norway.
This contract extension and upgrade is valued at approximately $115 million (all figures in Canadian dollars) over the contract term (excluding option periods).
CHC is the world's largest provider of helicopter services to the global offshore oil and gas industry, with aircraft operating in more than 30 countries worldwide.
- EC225LP Helicopters Grounded in UK, Norway after 13 Killed in Crash (Apr 30)
- Statoil Awards Mariner Helicopter Contract to CHC (Jun 18)
- North Sea Crash: CHC Resumes Super Puma Flights (Aug 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)