DPS Wins Topsides Work for Chinook Cascade FPSO
DPS (Bristol) Ltd has been awarded a significant EPC contract for the crude stabilisation and flare modules that will form an integral part of BW Offshore's Chinook & Cascade FPSO topsides. DPS will also be responsible for managing the process and piping interfaces for the entire process topsides.
The FPSO will be located on the Chinook & Cascade fields in the Gulf of Mexico at the beginning of 2010, with production commencing in the first quarter of 2010. It will have a storage capacity of about 600,000 barrels of oil, a process capacity of 80,000 bopd and gas export facilities of 16 mmscfd, installed in a water depth of 2,600 meters.
DPS Managing Director, Neil Young said "This project further highlights the growing credentials that DPS have within the global FPSO market and we are delighted to be working with BW Offshore on such a prestigious project.".
Young adds "Whilst the project is being managed from our UK engineering hub, it will see co-operation across a number of worldwide DPS companies, with support from our offices in the USA, Norway, Malaysia and Singapore.
David Parkinson, DPS Group Chairman, concludes "These are exciting times for the DPS Group, as we are on the verge of announcing our involvement in a number of additional projects across our global network that utilises a number of our latest patented technologies"
- Norway's $24B Fund Seeing End To Losses In Oil Services (Aug 17)
- Keppel Wins $89M Deals for Work on 3 Floating Facilities, 1 Pipelay Vessel (Jul 08)
- BW Offshore Secures 3 Year Contract Extension for FPSO BW Pioneer (Apr 26)
Company: DPS Group more info
- Penspen Acquires DPS Engineering, Gains Access to FPSO Market in Asia (Sep 30)
- DPS Bags ONGC FPSO Consultancy Contract (Jun 01)
- DPS Scores Chim Sao FPSO Contract Offshore Vietnam (Dec 10)