HMC to Install Chinook Infield Flowlines
Petrobras America Inc, a subsidiary of Petrobras and Heerema Marine Contractors (HMC) signed a contract on November 2 for the installation of the Chinook infield flowlines.
The two Pipe-in-Pipe flowlines are 12 miles long each with a 14-inch Casing Pipe carrying a 9-inch Inner Pipe and will be installed in water depths ranging from 8000 to 8800 ft (2440 - 2680 meters) in the Walker Ridge area in the Gulf of Mexico as part of the Phase I Cascade Chinook Deepwater development.
The Chinook flowlines form part of a multi-field development, which will make use of an FPSO (Floating Production, Storage and Offloading) unit, a first in the US Gulf of Mexico. The Chinook Pipe-in-Pipe project is scheduled for offshore execution in Spring 2009.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 13 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Heerema Marine Contractors more info
- Sembcorp Marine Taps GE Technology for World's Largest Semisub Crane Vessel (Jul 14)
- IEV Mobilizes for T&I Work on Shell's Malikai TLP Offshore Sabah (May 17)
- Heerema Completes Infield Flowlines Scope for Ichthys LNG Project Off WA (Feb 24)