Providence Farms into Aje Field Offshore Nigeria
Providence has entered into a new farm-in agreement for the AJE Field, located in OML113, offshore Nigeria. This new partnership is composed of Yinka Folawiyo Petroleum, the Operator, Chevron Nigeria, Vitol Exploration Nigeria, Energy Equity Resources Aje and P.R. Oil and Gas Nigeria.
In addition, an agreement has been reached between all the participants to move forward with the drilling of AJE 4 well. This will test for hydrocarbon-bearing reservoir intervals, apparent in the previous 3 AJE wells, as well as testing deeper potential reservoir zones. It is envisaged that drilling will take place early in quarter 1 of 2008. Further announcements in relation to this drilling program are expected in due course.
Commenting on the announcement, Mr. Tony O'Reilly, Chief Executive said:
"We are delighted to be entering into this new deal along side significant players Chevron, Vitol, EER and the Operator in OML 113, YFP. Following the termination of the previous AJE commercial agreement in April 2007, YFP entered into confidential negotiations with prospective partners, including Providence.
We are pleased that after many months of negotiations, this new farm-in group has been formed and will now move forward with the AJE 4 appraisal well program that will assess the reserve potential of the AJE Field."
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
- Chevron To Study Mexican Oil Block, No Drilling Seen In First 4 Years (Nov 30)
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
Company: Providence Resources PLC more info
- Providence Expects to Drill Druid Prospect in Summer 2017 (Sep 15)
- Newgrange Prospect Could Hold 13.6 Tcf of Gas (Jul 12)
- Providence Offered LO 16/27 Offshore Ireland (Jun 23)