Saipem Wins Contract for Scarabeo 9 Newbuild
Saipem has been awarded an $860 million, five-year contract for the deepwater semisubmersible Scarabeo 9.
The contract, signed with Eni, is for drilling operations mainly in the Gulf of Mexico, and will start by the end of 2009.
The new rig is currently under construction at the Chinese yard, Yantai Raffles. Construction is expected to be completed during the fourth quarter of 2009.
Saipem bought the Scarabeo 9, previously named Frigstad Oslo, following the acquisition of almost the entire holding in Frigstad Discoverer Invest Limited.
Scarabeo 9, an innovative 6th generation drilling rig for ultra deepwater, will be capable of operating in water depths of up to 3,600 meters, in full dynamic positioning.
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- Italy Prosecutors Probe Eni For Tax Evasion At Refineries (Nov 22)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
- Eni's Giant Gas Field Prompts Egypt to End Imports in 2018 (Nov 15)
Company: Saipem more info
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)
- Saipem Warns On Profits After Falling To 2Q Loss (Jul 25)