Shell Receives Approval to Use West Navigator at Ormen Lange
Shell has secured consent from the Petroleum Safety Authority Norway to use the drillship West Navigator to drill six production wells on the Ormen Lange field.
The consent relates to production drilling on Ormen Lange Phase II, wells 9-14 (6305/8-A-4H, 6305/8-A-5H, 6305/8-A-8H, 6305/5-B-4H, 6305/5-B-5H and 6305/5-B-8H). Each well is expected to take approximately 90 days to drill.
The West Navigator was the first rig to receive the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate's Acknowledgement of Compliance on September 19, 2000.
Operates 31 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Heavy Hitters Line Up to Dive Into Mexico's Deep Waters (Jan 26)
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)