CB&I Inks a U.S. $373 Million LNG Contract in Australia
CB&I has been awarded a contract valued in excess of US$373 million by Woodside Burrup Pty Ltd., a subsidiary of Woodside Energy Ltd., and sole developer of the Pluto LNG Project.
The Pluto LNG Project, a liquefaction facility with a forecasted production of 4.8 million tonnes per annum, is located on the Burrup Peninsula in Western Australia, approximately 20 kilometers (12 miles) northwest of Karratha. The project is expected to be completed in 2010.
CB&I's initial scope of work includes the engineering, procurement, construction and pre-commissioning of two 120,000 cubic meter full containment LNG storage tanks, three condensate tanks and associated civil, piping, electrical and instrumentation work.
"We are pleased to have been selected for this project which demonstrates Woodside's ongoing confidence in our ability to complete projects on schedule and on budget," said Philip K. Asherman, CB&I's President and CEO. "This award builds on our proven worldwide experience in the LNG industry."
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: CB&I more info
- CB&I, Chevron Lummus Global, Saudi Aramco Launch 'Crude-to-Chemical' JV (Jan 18)
- CB&I Gets Go-ahead for Kazakhstan Petchem Project (Dec 11)
- CB&I Wins Contract for Saudi Aramco-Shell Project (Dec 07)