High Arctic Energy Forms Joint Venture with Schlumberger
High Arctic Energy has executed a joint venture agreement with the Schlumberger group for the purpose of providing underbalanced drilling services and managed pressure-drilling services to the worldwide upstream oil and gas industry.
The Joint Venture provides a global platform to rapidly develop the UBD and MPD businesses. Initially, the Joint Venture will focus on providing UBD and MPD services for projects managed by Schlumberger Integrated Project Management.
The Joint Venture will be owned 51% by High Arctic and 49% by Schlumberger. As part of the initial formation of the Joint Venture, High Arctic will sell its existing UBD and MPD equipment and the technology associated with its existing UBD and MPD businesses, including intellectual property rights, to the Joint Venture.
- US Oil Service Firms Face Hit from Venezuela Debt Restructuring (Nov 06)
- Halliburton Posts International Revenue Growth, Unlike Schlumberger (Oct 23)
- Top Oilfield Services Firms Signal Fourth-Quarter Uncertainty (Oct 20)
Company: High Arctic Energy Services Trust more info
- High Arctic Executes Expression of Interest to Sell Optimal to Schlumberger (Apr 27)
- High Arctic Continues with Restructuring Efforts (Jun 11)
- High Arctic Settles Rig Purchase Obligation (Feb 01)