BJ PPS Inks Multi-Million Pipeline Deal in Kuwait
BJ Process and Pipeline Services has been awarded a multi-million dollar contract by Hyundai Heavy Industries Co. Ltd to provide pipeline pre-commissioning services in Kuwait. These services will be carried out on Kuwait Oil Company's Crude Export Facilities Project in the Fahaheel-Ahmadi region, approximately 30 kilometers from Kuwait City.
The Crude Export Facilities Project – Offshore Expansion is a key feature of a project which is intended to achieve crude oil production capability of 3 million barrels per day when completed. BJ PPS will be working on three 56-inch diameter subsea pipelines extending 25, 19.3 and 14.2 kilometers to the onshore terminal at the North Pier pumping station and metering station, and another 24-inch diameter subsea pipeline that measures 23.5 kilometers, which arrives onshore at the Port Mina Al-Ahmadi –- or South Pier station. The new pipeline project is an expansion of these facilities.
BJ PPS is providing a range of pre-commissioning services, including flooding, cleaning, gauging, leak testing, dewatering, hydrotesting, and nitrogen purging and packing, for these new lines. It is also performing de-oiling services on the existing pipelines to facilitate tie-ins and replacement.
BJ PPS has commenced operations on the first two phases of the four-phase program. Engineering for the project is based in Dubai and Qatar, and the BJ base in East Ahmadi, Kuwait is supplying logistics, administrative and ground support. The target for completing the 18-month pre-commissioning contract is summer 2008.
Previously, BJ PPS provided services on the Chunxiao Gas Complex Development in China, the PTT TT Pipeline Project in Thailand, and the Rong Doi Field Development in Vietnam.
- World's Top Two Shipyards Signal More Orders as Earnings Improve (Apr 27)
- Billionaire Fredriksen Buys Rig, Ends Hyundai Dispute (Mar 13)
- After 20,000 Job Cuts, World's Top Shipyards Brace for More (Oct 26)
Company: BJ Services Company more info
- Baker Hughes Closes BJ Services Acquisition (Apr 29)
- Baker Hughes, BJ Services Reach Final Agreement with DOJ (Apr 27)
- BJ Services Gets to Work on Casablanca Platform (Apr 09)
Company: Kuwait Oil Company more info
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)
- Weir Oil & Gas Secures KOC Wellhead Contract (Nov 07)
- Amec FW Clinches KOC's FEED Contract to Upgrade OGC in Kuwait (May 27)