GP Spuds First of 2 Exploratory Wells on Capricorn License in Argentina
Gold Point Energy has commenced drilling on the first of two exploratory wells on the Capricorn License in Salta Province of Northern Argentina. The wells will be drilled back-to-back during October and November 2007.
The Capricorn License is strategically located along an oil producing trend of five existing fields in the Puesto Guardian block that have estimated ultimate reserves of 22.0 million barrels of oil according to the Instituto Argentino del Petroleo y del Gas.
"Using high quality seismic data, three structures have been identified that have the potential to trap significant recoverable reserves. The current drill program will test two of the structures. We expect to have the results from these prospects by the end of November." Jack Steinhauser, President & CEO.
GP Energy, Antrim Argentina S.A. and APCO Argentina, the Project Operator, have agreed to drill the Pena Azul x-1 well on the Estacion Pizarro Oeste Prospect and the Lomas de Guayacan x-1 well on the Martinez del Tineo Oeste Prospect under a farm-in agreement dated October 4, 2006. GPE Energy will earn a 25% working interest in these wells and associated prospects by paying 50% of the cost of specified seismic acquisition and drilling costs.
GP Energy, a member of the Grosso Group, is engaged in the development of oil and gas projects in North and South America. The Company has experienced technical and management teams which, when combined with the business development and financial acumen of the Grosso Group, provides a high level of expertise and access to industry contacts and quality projects.
- Enegi Mulls Newfoundland Divestment, Increased Stake in ABT (Aug 29)
- Antrim Energy Considering Selling Stake in Causeway Field (Nov 15)
- Production Resumes at Causeway, Cormorant East Fields (Oct 25)
Company: Apco Argentina more info
- Apco Expands O&G Development in Argentina (Mar 02)
- Apco Argentina Inc. Changes Name to Apco Oil and Gas International Inc. (Jul 14)
- High Operating Costs Lead to Decrease in Apco's Net Income (Mar 11)
Company: Gold Point Energy Corp. (GP) more info
- San Leon's Proposed Acquisition Collects New Polish Concessions (Mar 19)
- GPEI Signs LOI with RTR to Redevelop Tepee Butte Oil Field (Jul 07)
- JKX and Aurelian Ink LOI with Gold Point for Bulgarian Golitza Blocks (Jul 02)