Total Acquires Three Permits Northeast of Ichthys
Total has acquired a 40% interest in three exploration permits northeast of Ichthys on the Australian Browse Basin jointly with Inpex (60%, operator). ConocoPhillips held these interests. This acquisition is subject to the approval of the Australian authorities.
Covering a respective area of 1 628, 1 220 and 667 square kilometers, Blocks WA-341P, WA-343P and WA-344P are located roughly 200 kilometers offshore, in water depths varying from 50 to 250 meters.
These new acquisitions further illustrate Total's commitment to strengthening its presence offshore the northwest of Australia, a region with rich gas reserves. The Group now has interests in 15 permits on Australia's North West Shelf, most of them situated in Browse Basin, where the Group has a 24% interest in the WA-285P permit containing the Ichthys field. The Ichthys liquefied natural gas project, currently under study, should come on stream early next decade.
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
Company: Inpex more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Inpex Halts Construction At Australian LNG Site After Worker Dies (Nov 30)
- Japan's Inpex Says Ichthys LNG Project On Track For March Start (Nov 08)
- Statement: Indonesia To Extend Inpex's Masela LNG Contract By 27 Years (Oct 19)