Baraka Petroleum Starts Seismic in Mali Blocks
Baraka Petroleum announces that a seismic survey has started on Mali Blocks 1, 2, 3, 4 and 9 in Mauritania. Entreprise Nationale de Geophysique will conduct a primary survey and a supplementary survey (as needed) on a total of 6,000 kilometers in the Taoudeni Basin.
The blocks are a Joint Venture between Baraka, ENI and SIPEX.
The new survey will be combined with another seismic survey (currently in its third stage), as well as already completed magnetic radiometric and gravity surveys.
"This seismic survey involves a considerable financial commitment by the Joint Venture," said Dr. Mark Fenton, Baraka's MD/CEO. "It will develop a regional understanding that will assist in locating drilling targets for the next exploration phase in the Taoudeni Basin."
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- Italy Prosecutors Probe Eni For Tax Evasion At Refineries (Nov 22)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
- Eni's Giant Gas Field Prompts Egypt to End Imports in 2018 (Nov 15)
Company: Baraka Petroleum more info
- Baraka, GBE Join Forces to Drill in Georgina Basin (Apr 09)
- Baraka Plans to Increase Activity on Chicuaco Block (Feb 26)
- Seismic Work Complete on La Punta Block in Colombia (Jan 08)