Songa Sings of Extended Contract
Songa Offshore has announced that Australian oil and gas company Santos has extended its contract with the Songa Mercer another three months -- until July 2008. This takes the contract term to a full year for Santos and the semisub.
The history of Santos and Songa Mercer has been thick as of late, considering the Chevron contract termination in June for the tardy delivery of the rig. Santos quickly signed the contract with Songa then.
According to previous statements about the contract, this extension will be at the same rate. If Santos decides to exercise its second option on the rig, the rate will increase to the going market price.
Songa Mercer is water depth-rated at 1,200 feet and has a drilling capacity of 25,000 feet.
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
Company: Songa Offshore ASA more info
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Songa Offshore to Cut 430 Jobs Due to Ongoing Norway Oil, Gas Strikes (Sep 30)
- Songa Encourage Rig Commences 8-Year Statoil Drilling Contract (Apr 12)