NPD Grants Eni a Drilling Permit for Wellbore 34/12-1 in the North Sea
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted ENI Norge AS a drilling permit for wellbore 34/12-1 in the North Sea.
The drilling program for wellbore 34/12-1 relates to drilling of an exploration well in production license 293. ENI is the operator of this license, with a participating interest of 45%. The other licensees are Statoil with 40% and Idemitsu with 15%.
The area in this license comprises blocks 34/12 and 35/10, as well as parts of 35/7, which are located in the area between Fram and Kvitebjorn. Production license 293 was awarded in 2003 as part of the North Sea Awards. This is the first exploration well to be drilled in this production license.
Wellbore 34/12-1 will be drilled from the facility Transocean Leader, with an expected spud date around October 20.
The permit is conditional upon the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities prior to starting the drilling activity.
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- Italy Prosecutors Probe Eni For Tax Evasion At Refineries (Nov 22)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
- Eni's Giant Gas Field Prompts Egypt to End Imports in 2018 (Nov 15)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)