Fjord Conversion Update
Fairmount Heavy Transport informs the market that progress on the Fjord conversion is nearing completion. The principal operating systems providing ballasting, power and propulsion are now undergoing various stages of commissioning.
FHT and Malta Shipyards are working closely with the DNV to satisfy the requirements of obtaining class approval. FHT is still working closely with Ensco regarding their option to transport the Ensco 100 from Gibraltar across the Bay of Biscay to Rotterdam in November. It may be necessary to finish some of the work on ancillary systems in Rotterdam. The company is working around the clock to be able to give Ensco the option to use the Fjord in the event Ensco chooses to use this option. Bad weather in Malta in the last few days has limited the use of shipyard cranes, which has had some hindrance on loading equipment onto the ship. This may result in sea trials starting around the end of October or early November. FHT will inform the market of Ensco's decision to exercise their option to use the Fjord once this decision has been made by Ensco.
Manages 63 Offshore Rigs
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Lamprell to Compensate Ensco for Delay in Delivery of ENSCO 140 (Aug 29)
- Lamprell Delays Delivery of Jackup to Mid-August Due to Technical Issue (Jul 27)
Company: Det Norske Veritas (DNV) more info
- DNV Wins Verification Services Contract with Wintershall (Jan 29)
- DNV GL Merger Gets Clearance from Competition Authorities (Sep 12)
- DNV Breaks Ground for New Laboratory in Singapore (Jul 01)
Company: Fairmount Heavy Transport more info
- Fairmount Marine Resumed Activities for Fairstar Heavy Transport (Nov 21)
- Fjord Conversion Nears Completion (Nov 06)
- Significant Progress Made on the Conversion of the Fjord (Oct 26)