Cameron MARS Technology Receives New Horizons Idea Award
Cameron’s Multiple Application Re-Injection Systems (MARS) has been awarded a 2007 World Oil Award in the New Horizons Idea category. The awards program, sponsored by Gulf Publishing Company, has been held annually since 2001 to honor exceptional technological innovations within the upstream oil and gas industry.
Numerous entries are received for each of 12 categories and a select number of finalists are chosen by an independent panel composed of industry leaders and a panel of "Next Generation" leaders in the petroleum industry.
Other finalists in the New Horizons Idea Award included:
- Oil Selector Autonomous Valve – Halliburton
- Re-Development of Typhoon Field using Disconnectable Floating Production Unit – Helix Energy Solutions Group.
- Californium-252 Source for Neutron Porosity Measurement – Pathfinder Energy Services
- Coiled Tubing Drilling Tractor – Western Well Tool, Inc.
The MARS system is part of Cameron’s CAMFORCE subsea processing product line. The technology was acquired with the acquisition of Aberdeen-based DES Ltd in March 2007. Described as "the equivalent of a USP port on a subsea completion", MARS enables the installation of multiple processing technologies directly onto the subsea completion.
This is the third World Oil Award Cameron has received as part of the program, In 2002, Cameron’s Environmental Safeguard (ESG™) System was awarded in the Best Drilling Solutions Category and in 2005, The CameronDC™ All-Electric Subsea Production development team was honored in the Innovative Thinkers Category. In addition, the MARS system was honored in May 2007 with the innovation award as part of the 24th Annual Woelfel Best Mechanical Engineering Award program. This award, named after former Cameron employee Al Woelfel, is awarded each year to a product that best represents a mechanical engineering solution to a challenging problem.
- Keppel O&M Completes Acquisition of Cameron's Offshore Product Division (May 03)
- EU Clears Acquisition Of Cameron By Schlumberger (Feb 05)
- Cameron Stockholders Vote Yes to Schlumberger Merger (Dec 17)