WorleyParsons Gets US$300 Million Program Mgmt Contract
Kuwait Oil Company (KOC) has awarded WorleyParsons a 5 year $US 300m contract for the supply of Program Management services. The contract supports KOC in achieving its year 2020 objectives of reaching optimum capacity in its oilfields and enhancing its facilities by the most efficient and economical means available.
The contract is to provide project management, co-ordination, planning, design, engineering, construction management, contracting, procurement, project controls and other services for construction of new facilities, up-grading of existing facilities, and transfer of technology.
Commenting on the contract award, Deputy Chairman and Deputy Managing Director (Technical Services), Fahed Al-Ajmi said "this contract is essential to support KOC's comprehensive on-going program of major projects and is considered critical to the day-today business and future development of the Company's facilities. WorleyParsons is well qualified to perform the required services, and has previously demonstrated their added value from 1993 to 2003 when they executed the same services to KOC", he said.
John Grill, the CEO of WorleyParsons, commented "WorleyParsons is extremely pleased to have been awarded such an important program management contract by KOC. This contract also allows the consolidation of the company’s presence in Kuwait which is a key component of WorleyParsons’ Middle East strategy".
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)
- Weir Oil & Gas Secures KOC Wellhead Contract (Nov 07)
- Amec FW Clinches KOC's FEED Contract to Upgrade OGC in Kuwait (May 27)
Company: WorleyParsons more info
- TCO Awards EPCM Support Services Deal for Tengiz Expansion Project to KPJV (Jul 12)
- WorleyParsons Bags EPCM Contract for BP-Operated Assets in Caspian Region (Apr 14)
- WorleyParsons Lands Deal for Ophir's Fortuna Project in Equatorial Guinea (Apr 13)