TAG to Sell Interest in the Cardiff Deep Gas Prospect
TAG Oil has signed a letter of intent (LOI) with New Zealand-based Genesis Energy to sell its 15.1% interest in PEP 38738-D and PMP 38156-D containing the Cardiff deep gas prospect for a combination of cash and a 1% royalty on any future production from both permits.
The LOI is conditional to a formal agreement being signed as well as consents required under the joint venture operating agreement and the Ministry of Economic Development in New Zealand.
"The decision was made to sell the interest in Cardiff after considering the risk profile associated with the project and the possible need to commit significant additional capital," said Garth Johnson, TAG Oil CEO. "As a result of TAG's review of Cardiff, the board felt it was prudent to mitigate the financial risk of Cardiff while still participating in the prospect's upside through a royalty."
- TAG Oil Gets Approval to Take 70% Operating Stake in NZ's PEP51153 (Jun 06)
- NZ-Focused TAG Oil Cuts Capex for Rest of FY16 Due to Low Oil Prices (Oct 15)
- TAG Prepares for NZ's Cheal East Field Development with New Pipeline Link (May 27)
Company: Genesis Energy more info
- NZOG Reports 15.3% Rise in Developed Reserves in Kupe Field Off Taranaki (Apr 21)
- Genesis Energy Upgrades O&G Reserves at Kupe Field Offshore Taranaki (Dec 09)
- Genesis Buys Enterprise Offshore Pipelines for $1.5 Billion (Jul 16)