Mustang Contracted by ATP for Mirage Topsides
Mustang Engineering, a subsidiary of international energy services company John Wood Group PLC, has been awarded a contract by ATP Oil & Gas Corporation to provide detailed engineering and procurement support for the topsides production facilities on ATP’s first newbuild deepwater facility, the Telemark Hub floating drilling/production facility, also known as Mirage.
The facility will be located in 4,000 feet of water at Block MC-941, offshore Louisiana in the Gulf of Mexico. Designed for 25,000 b/d oil and 50 MMscf/d gas, the unit will have expansion capability to 100 MMscf/d gas. It will incorporate six dry-tree wellheads with three pairs of future subsea flow lines.
Mirage is being designed as a lightweight, cost-effective deepwater facility supporting full drilling aboard the floating offshore installation. The detailed design is expected to be completed by January 2008, with installation planned for later in 2008.
Mustang is an independent services provider to the global oil, gas, chemical and manufacturing industries. The company specializes in design, engineering, procurement, project management and construction management.
Wood Group is an international energy services company with $3.5 billion sales, employing 22,000 people worldwide and operating in 46 countries. The Group has three businesses - Engineering & Production Facilities, Well Support, and Gas Turbine Services.
- Lessons from ATP Bankruptcy There for Those Who Listen (Jun 30)
- Cosco Discontinues Octabuoy Hull and Topside Module Project (Jan 12)
- Cosco Reveals Buying Interest for Octabuoy Hull and Topside Module (Jul 23)
Company: Wood Group more info
- Wood to Design Pioneering LNG Platform (Oct 17)
- Wood Group Wins Total Refinery Maintenance Contract (Oct 11)
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)
Company: Mustang Engineering more info
- Mustang Secures Topsides Role for Anardarko's Lucius Development (Dec 20)
- Mustang Completes Engineering Gig at Eni Nikaitchuq Facility (Jun 28)
- Mustang Snags Detail Design Contract for Chevron Facility (Sep 07)