Enterprise Begins Processing Gas at Meeker Facility
Enterprise Products has begun processing natural gas at the recently completed first phase of the partnership's Meeker processing complex, located in Colorado's Piceance Basin. The plant has a capacity of 750 MMcf/d of natural gas and is capable of extracting up to 35,000 b/d of natural gas liquids (NGLs).
Phase II of the complex, which is now under construction and expected to be completed in the third quarter of 2008, will double processing capacity at Meeker to 1.5 bcf/d of natural gas and 70,000 b/d of NGLs.
The two phases are supported by long-term commitments from producers, including EnCana and ExxonMobil. Current inlet volumes at the plant are approximately 430 MMcf/d, which is expected to produce up to 24,000 b/d of NGLs. Natural gas volumes are expected to exceed 500 MMcf/d by the end of 2007, which will produce more than 27,700 b/d of NGLs.
"The Piceance Basin represents one of the most prolific and fastest growing energy producing areas in the nation, and the completion of our Meeker facility provides the region with valuable midstream infrastructure needed to accommodate those growing volumes," said Michael A. Creel, Enterprise president and CEO. "For Enterprise, Meeker provides us with yet another foothold from which to capitalize on additional opportunities in the Piceance Basin and generate incremental cash flow for our investors."
The Meeker complex complements other projects recently completed as part of Enterprise's Rocky Mountain growth initiative and reinforces the partnership's integrated energy value chain philosophy. Specifically, the 50,000 bpd expansion of the Mid-America Pipeline enables the system to accommodate the increased volumes of NGLs that will be extracted at Meeker.
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil May Add Gulf Coast Polypropylene Capacity (Mar 20)
- Traders: ExxonMobil Buys LNG To Chill Quake-Hit Papua New Guinea Project (Mar 19)
- Oil, Gas Leaders Warn Trump He Risks Harming Their Industry (Mar 16)
Company: EnCana more info
- Permian's Mammoth Cubes Herald Supersized Future for Shale (Feb 22)
- Why Canada Is The Next Frontier For Shale Oil (Jan 29)
- Encana Calls End to Permian Race as Focus Turns to Output (Oct 18)
Company: Enterprise Products Partners LP more info
- On Bleak Day, Pipeline Operators Say Tax Policy Is No Big Deal (Mar 16)
- Enterprise to Ship More Permian Crude to Texas Gulf Coast (Dec 06)
- Colonial Partners With Enterprise For Fuel Exports From Beaumont Terminal (Oct 10)