Gulf Shores to Participate in Petro Canada North Sea Project
Gulf Shores will participate in the drilling of an exploration well to evaluate the Maria prospect located in United Kingdom Continental Shelf (UKCS) Block 15/18a.
Gulf Shores will pay 11.11% of the cost to drill and test the farmin well to earn 8.33% in License P.233 (Block 15/18a).
The license also includes two deeper Jurassic fallow discoveries. Additional technical work and new long offset 3D seismic is being proposed to further evaluate these discoveries and to mitigate technical risk on high-impact leads identified on the block.
It is currently planned to commence drilling the Maria well in the first quarter of 2008. Gulf Shores is fully funded for the cost of its participation in this well.
Upon fulfilling the terms of the farmin agreement working interests in License P.233 Block 15/18a will be, Petro-Canada (Operator - 25%), ENI UK Limited (50%), Gulf Shores Resources (8.33%), Monarch Energy (8.33%) and Britcana, (International Frontier - 8.33%).
As part of its continuous active exploration program in the North Sea, Gulf Shores continues to review other North Sea exploration projects.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Promises Richer Returns After Exploration Success (Mar 16)
- Egypt's Potential Gas Surplus Could Feed Global LNG Glut (Feb 20)
- Egypt With Eni to Fast-Track Zohr Gas Output, Minister Says (Jan 31)
Company: Lundin Petroleum AB more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Output At Lundin's Grieg Field Back To Normal After Forties Outage (Dec 27)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
Company: Petro-Canada more info
- C-NLOPB Approves Hebron Application (May 31)
- Petro-Canada to Fire Up Syrian Gas Production Soon (Apr 06)
- Faroe: Possible Hydrocarbons Found in North Sea Well (Mar 23)
Company: Gulf Shores Resources more info
- Gulf Shores Reports Bakken Oil Discovery in Saskatchewan (Sep 01)
- Completion Ops Underway at Gulf Shores' Saskatchewan Well (Aug 25)
- Gulf Shores Starts Drilling Ops in Southeast Saskatchewan (Aug 19)
Company: Britcana Energy Limited more info
- Gulf Shores to Participate in Petro Canada North Sea Project (Oct 16)
- Operators Abandoned Lytham Well (Aug 17)
- Stratic Wins Four Blocks on UKCS (Feb 02)