Jindal's Dicovery-1 Wins ONGC Contract
Jindal Drilling & Industries Ltd has been awarded another contract by ONGC Ltd. This contract is for its newbuild jackup Discovery-1 and is valued at INR 660 Crores. The contract has a firm period of three years with a dayrate of US $159,660.
The rig is currently under construction at Keppel FELS shipyard in Singapore. The rig has a scheduled delivery date of September 2008. The contract calls for the rig to start operations on or before November 1, 2008.
With this latest contract Jindal's order book stands at INR 2500 Crores and the financial performance of the Company is expected to improve substantially in the coming years.
Operates 42 Offshore Rigs
Manages 8 Offshore Rigs
- India's ONGC Raises $2.38B From Banks To Buy Refinery Stake (Jan 23)
- Venezuela's PDVSA To Tap Oil Customers To Pay $449MM To ONGC (Nov 15)
- Sources: India ONGC Strikes 'Good' Offshore Oil, Gas Find (Sep 20)
Company: Jindal Group more info
Manages 6 Offshore Rigs
- Lamprell Delivers Jackup Jindal Pioneer to Dev Drilling (Feb 04)
- Keppel FELS to Deliver Jackup Jindal Explorer to Star Drilling Shortly (Dec 03)
- Lamprell Makes Steady Progress during 2H 2013 (Nov 14)