Husky Energy Adds to Greenland Acreage
Mr. John C.S. Lau, President & Chief Executive Officer of Husky Energy Inc., announced that Husky Oil Operations Limited and Esso Exploration Greenland Limited have been awarded a joint interest in an exploration licence from the West Disko 2006 Licencing Round, offshore Greenland by the Greenland Home Rule Government and the Danish Government.
Husky and Esso each have a 43.75 percent interest in West Disko Block 6 (2007/27), which covers an area of 13,213 square kilometers and is located approximately 30 kilometres offshore the west coast of Disko Island. Esso will act as operator of this block. Nunaoil A/S, Greenland's national oil company, holds the remaining 12.5 percent interest.
In June 2007, Husky was awarded two exploration licences covering an area of 21,067 square kilometers that border on Licence 2007/27. Husky holds an 87.5 percent interest in licences 2007/22 and 2007/24 and will act as operator over these blocks. Nunaoil A/S holds the remaining 12.5 percent interest in each licence.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Husky Enters into a PSC with CNOOC for Block 15/33 in South China Sea (Dec 04)
- Husky Scraps Seadrill Drilling Contract (Sep 22)
- Seadrill Cancels HHI's West Mira Construction Contract Over Delivery Delay (Sep 16)
Company: Husky Energy more info
- As Crude Rallies, Husky May Gain as Top Oil-Sands Stock Pick (Jan 15)
- Husky Energy Posts Smaller 2Q Loss On Higher Oil Prices (Jul 21)
- Canada's LNG Failure Is Its Own Fault, Seven Gen Founder Says (Jul 17)