Sibir Sets Production Record
Sibir reaches a record equity upstream production in excess of 55,000 bopd. The production record is due to Salym Petroleum, Sibir's 50/50 joint venture with Shell, produced over 96,800 bopd from fields in Western Siberia.
The new SPD production record brings Sibir’s 50% share at Salym to over 48,400 bopd which, combined with production from its subsidiary Magma, brings Sibir’s total daily production to over 55,000 bopd.
Commenting on the announcement, Sibir CEO, Henry Cameron said, "Reaching the 55,000 bopd production milestone marks a 41% increase in Sibir equity production since the beginning of 2007 as the company closes in on its year-end production target."
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: Sibir Energy more info
- Salym JV Sets New Oil Production Record in Western Siberia (Apr 15)
- Sibir Launches High Court Proceedings against 2 Former Directors (Apr 07)
- Sibir Achieves Production Record of 7.1MM Barrels in Q4 2008 (Apr 07)
Company: Salym Petroleum Development more info
- Halliburton Snags $100MM Contract Extension in Western Siberia (Mar 25)
- Integra Inks 2-Year Contract with Shell, Sibir JV (Jul 17)
- Sibir's Production at Salym Fields Exceeds 120,000 bbl/d (Apr 30)