Wortel Siesmic Survey Begins
Cue has begun the Wortel 2D seismic survey in the Sampang Production Sharing Contract, offshore East Java, Indonesia. The 395km Seismic survey is designed to provide additional infill seismic information over the Wortel gas discovery and three adjacent exploration leads.
The information will assist in locating the Wortel -3 appraisal well which is expected to be drilled in the first half of 2008 and in developing potentially drillable locations for exploration wells later in 2008.
Wortel is located approximately 7 kilometers west of the Oyong field, where oil production has recently begun.
The participants in the Sampang PSC are:
Santos (Sampang) Pty Ltd (Operator) 45% Singapore Petroleum Company Limited 40% Cue Sampang Pty Ltd 15%
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
Company: Singapore Petroleum Company more info
- Sampang JV Approves Project to Extend Field Life by 2 Years to 2020 (Sep 22)
- Keppel Completes Divestment of Entire Stake in SPC (Jun 22)
- PetroChina Is Set to Go It Alone (May 26)
Company: Cuel Limited more info
- CUEL Taps Mermaid for Offshore Installation Gig in Gulf of Thailand (Jun 10)
- Cuel, Swiber Form JV to Operate DLB in Thailand (Oct 20)
- Mermaid to Provide Subsea Services for CUEL's Clients Offshore Thailand (Sep 22)