ClampOn to Deliver Subsea Leak Monitors to Tampen Link Project
ClampOn was contracted to provide five subsea DSP Leak Monitors for the Tampen Link project in the North Sea. The ultrasonic non-intrusive acoustic Leak Monitors are being supplied to Technip Norge on behalf of Statoil and will be retrofitted on two 20" gas valves on the seabed to test for through-valve gas leakage. These valves are currently open and they will be shut to close off the bypass alternative.
The Leak Monitors are self-contained and will be deployed by ROV to operate continuously for periods of up to one month. The monitors will be used during the closing of the two valves, and may later be operated on demand to verify their condition at a later stage.
Some facts: The 23 kilometer-long Tampen Link pipeline between the Statfjord field and the British sector of the North Sea provides transportation capacity for gas from the Statfjord late life project. Tampen Link has a diameter of 32 inches, and t///he Saipem UK-owned Castoro Sei laybarge has laid the pipeline.
Tampen Link ties in the Statfjord field with the Flags pipeline, which runs from the Brent field in the British sector to St. Fergus in Scotland. The project involves the three Statfjord field platforms being modified, from handling oil with associated gas, to handling gas with associated oil. This will extend the field's lifetime until 2020, with the partners investing just over NOK 16 billion.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)
Company: ClampOn more info
- ClampOn Wins Supply Gig for Hess' Tubular Bells Proj. (May 11)
- ClampOn to Deliver Subsea Monitors to Pan Pandora Project (Jan 06)
- ClampOn to Supply Subsea Equipment to Chevron GOM Projects (Aug 10)