Eni Confirms Interest in Burren Energy
The recent share price movement of Burren Energy has peaked Eni's interest in entering discussions regarding a potential offer for Burren.
The Board of Burren did not accept Eni's September 28 indicative offer proposal of 1050 pence per share in cash, representing a premium of 29% to the three-month average share price prior to approach.
Eni continues to seek limited due diligence from Burren, irrevocable undertakings from key shareholders and a recommendation from the Board of Burren prior to making a formal offer to all shareholders. Eni reserves the right to waive these pre-conditions to the making of an offer.
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- Italy Prosecutors Probe Eni For Tax Evasion At Refineries (Nov 22)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
- Eni's Giant Gas Field Prompts Egypt to End Imports in 2018 (Nov 15)
Company: Burren Energy more info
- Eni Makes Mandatory Offer for 20% of Hindustan Oil Exploration (Apr 24)
- A Step Closer for Eni and Burren (Jan 11)
- Eni UK Makes Offer for Burren Energy (Dec 12)