Mitra Energy & PetroVietnam Sign PSC for Two Blocks Offshore Vietnam
Mitra Energy Limited has signed a Production Sharing Contract with PetroVietnam for offshore Blocks 28 & 29/03. The blocks are located in the Western Nam Con Son basin, offshore Vietnam, covering an area of around 13,000 square kilometers in water depths of approximately 50 meters.
MEL feels that the prospectivity of the as yet undrilled Western Nam Con Son basin is on par with that of the Nam Con Sjon basin proper and, as such, is delighted to have secured the whole of the sub-basin within the new PSC area.
Mel believes that this important, high quality exploration asset will augment its existing portfolio in Indonesia and the Philippines, thus broadening the base for the company's future growth.
MEL very much looking forward to working with PVN in this exciting area, with a view to building a lasting presence in Vietnam and a strong long-term relationship with PVN.
- Vietnam Court Sentences to Death PetroVietnam Ex-Chairman in Mass Trial (Sep 29)
- Asia Oil Refinery Delays Favor Producer Case for Extending Output Cuts (May 22)
- Vietnam's Sole Refinery Plans to Sell 5-6 Pct Stake in IPO in Q4 (May 22)
Company: Mitra Corp. more info
- Total Acquires Stake in Philippines Block SC56 (Aug 23)
- Mitra Prepares for 2D Seismic of Sibaru Block, East Java (Jun 19)
- Sound Oil Partners Cure Default at Citarum (May 08)