Karoon Contracts Fugro-Geoteam to Browse Basin 3D Seismic Survey
Karoon Gas says that Fugro-GeoTeam has been contracted to acquire approximately 1900 sq kms of 3D seismic in and around WA-398-P. The seismic acquisition is expected to commence late in the fourth quarter of 2007.
3D seismic data acquired during this survey will better define the prospectivity of the structures within the WA-398-P block and aid in the positioning of the wells for the drilling program later in 2008.
This 3D seismic acquisition follows previous 2D and 3D surveys over WA-314-P & WA-315-P completed in 2006. These surveys covered an area of 1100 sq kms of 3D seismic and 850 kms of 2D seismic.
WA-398-P was acquired by Karoon Gas and ConocoPhillips in May of this year and adds to Karoon’s highly prospective WA-314-P and WA-315-P acreage currently also jointly held with ConocoPhillips.
The current ownership structure of the Browse Basin Permits is as follows;
WA-398-P Karoon Gas 40% ConocoPhillips 60% WA-314-P & WA-315-P Karoon Gas 49% ConocoPhillips 51%
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
Company: Karoon Gas Australia Ltd. more info
- Karoon Buys PEPC's 35% Stake in 4 Santos Basin Blocks in Brazil for $20.5M (Sep 28)
- PEPC Makes Overdue Payment to Karoon for Brazil's Santos Basin Blocks (Jun 16)
- Karoon Issues Default Notice to Santos Basin Block Partner PEPC (Jun 15)