Seadrill Sells Shares in PT Apexindo
Seadrill has sold its entire holdings of 835,000,000 shares, representing an ownership share of approximately 32 percent, in the Indonesian drilling company PT Apexindo Pratma Duta Tbk for 2400 Indonesian rupiah (IDR) per share, equal to a total net consideration of approximately US$220 million. As a result of this sale, Seadrill is expected to record a gain of approximately US$150 million in the fourth quarter 2007.
The investment in Apexindo was acquired at the time when Seadrill was seeking a strategic partner to build the infrastructure of the company. After the acquisition of Smedvig in the beginning of 2006, the investment in Apexindo became more of a financial investment.
Manages 8 Offshore Rigs
- Apexindo's Raisis Rig Achieves 4 Years Without Lost Time Accident (Apr 03)
- Seadrill Takes a Financial Hit from Contractor Investments (Feb 23)
- Apexindo's Rani Woro Jackup Records Significant Safety Performance (Feb 10)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Norway's Seadrill Gets Two Rival Debt Restructuring Proposals (Oct 23)
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)