Stone Energy Wins 16 Blocks in Central GOM Lease Sale
Stone Energy was the high bidder on 16 offshore blocks in the central Gulf of Mexico at the OCS sale 205, held by the MMS.
Stone will have a 100% working interest on 10 of the 16 blocks, a 50% working interest on one and a 33% working interest on the remaining five. Stone's total share of all 16 lease blocks total approximately $12.9 million.
Stone has five joint bids with Anadarko and one with Samson. Subject to the MMS's review process, the lease acquisitions will add more than 63,000 net acres to Stone's inventory
"These new leases will complement the existing Stone portfolio of assets and provide a foundation for growth for our company," said Richard L. Smith, Stone's vice president of Exploration and Business Development.
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- 4 Ways Agile Sourcing Can Lead Enterprises to Success (Nov 10)
- Gadfly: Anadarko Woke Up, and It Really Smells the Coffee (Nov 01)
Company: Stone Energy Corporation more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Offshore US Oil Firms Talos, Stone Energy Plan $2.5B Merger (Nov 21)
- Pompano Gas Production Ramps Up Again (Jul 26)
- Technip Wins 2 Subsea Contracts in Gulf of Mexico (Jan 27)
Company: Samson Offshore more info
- Anadarko Strikes Oil at Samurai Prospect in Gulf of Mexico (Jun 24)
- Chevron Hits It Big, Spies Oil at Buckskin in Deepwater GOM (Feb 05)
- BP Finds Oil at GOM's Deepwater Freedom Prospect (Oct 14)