Noble Gains Nine in Central GOM Lease Sale
Noble Energy outbid others for nine blocks in the Central Gulf of Mexico Lease Sale 205. Three of the nine bids where in collaboration with Samson Offshore. Additionally, Noble has the opportunity to acquire interest in two third-party high-bid blocks.
For approximately $53.5 million, Noble's nine blocks cover more than 48,000 acres in water depths ranging from about 2,600 feet to more than 7,600 feet.
Noble concentrated its bids in deepwater opportunities, placing bids on blocks in the Mississippi Canyon, Atwater Valley, Green Canyon, Walker Ridge and Garden Banks areas of the Gulf of Mexico.
While all high bids are subject to approval by the MMS, Noble will hold 100 percent interest in six of the blocks and 50 percent interest in the remaining three. The company will serve as operator of all nine blocks.
- US Shale Producers Promise both Higher Output and Returns (Nov 03)
- Fault at Israel's Tamar Gas Field Prompts Use of Dirtier Fuels (Sep 22)
- Leviathan Partners in Talks to Pipe Gas to Egypt Via Jordan (Aug 10)
Company: Samson Offshore more info
- Anadarko Strikes Oil at Samurai Prospect in Gulf of Mexico (Jun 24)
- Chevron Hits It Big, Spies Oil at Buckskin in Deepwater GOM (Feb 05)
- BP Finds Oil at GOM's Deepwater Freedom Prospect (Oct 14)