Rainville to Begin Offshore Block Survey
Canadian company Rainville is preparing to carry out a bathymetric survey on its offshore blocks in Jamaica, state-run Petroleum Corporation of Jamaica's (PCJ) special projects director Raymond Wright told BNamericas.
Rainville has production sharing contracts (PSCs) for blocks 9, 13 and 14, which the company picked up in Jamaica's first licensing round in 2005.
The survey will be followed by a 2D seismic survey that is expected to be conducted by year-end or shortly thereafter, Wright said.
In 2005, Australia's Finder Exploration picked up offshore blocks 6, 7, 10, 11 and 12 in the Walton basin. Finder now shares the blocks' PSCs with compatriot company Gippsland Offshore Petroleum.
The blocks span 14,500km2 with a water depth up to 2,000m.
Finder and Gippsland this month aim to finalize a search for a farm-in partner(s), according to a joint company document.
"Initial interpretation and volumetric evaluation of a number of major leads indicate trapping potential in excess of 5bn barrels recoverable within the permits," the document said.
Exploration activity in Jamaica has occurred in two phases: 1955-73 done by private companies and 1978-82 by PCJ. A second licensing round is underway.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 10-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
- Gippsland Offshore Snags Gas Rights, to Drill 2 Wells in Kenya (Oct 31)
- Gippsland's Second Quarter Marked by JV Well Development (Jul 31)
- Gippsland Lands Saint Griede Permit in France's Aquitaine Basin (Jun 25)
Company: Finder Exploration Pty Ltd more info
- Finder Sells Entire Acreage Holding Off WA to Quadrant Energy Australia (May 03)
- Planning Underway to Drill Roc-2 Appraisal Well Off WA in 2H 2016 (Mar 17)
- Carnarvon Confirms Condensate Rich Gas Find at Roc-1 Well in Block WA-437-P (Jan 18)
Company: Rainville Energy more info
- Rainville to Begin Offshore Block Survey (Oct 04)
- PCJ Selling Morant, Formigas Seismic Data (Jun 26)