AWE Spuds Kopuwai-1
AWE Ltd started drilling the Kopuwai-1 well at 1300 hours on September 29, 2007. October 2, 2007 the Ocean Patriot drilling rig was preparing to drill ahead after cementing surface casing at a measured depth of 234 meters.
Kopuwai-1 is in New Zealand’s western Taranaki basin in PEP 38482, approximately 10 kilometers north of the Tui Area oil project in 125 meters of water. The well has a planned total depth of 4,060 meters.
AWE’s 50% interest is fully carried for the budgeted costs of the Kopuwai-1 well as a result of the recently reported farmouts.
- Japan's Mitsui OSK Targets 26% Stake In Swan's Indian LNG Unit (Sep 18)
- As Rivals Circle, Japan Boosting Firepower To Buy Global Energy Assets (Sep 23)
- Gas Glut Upends Global Trade Flows As Buyers Find New Leverage (Aug 16)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)
Company: Beach Petroleum more info
- Beach Commences Production from Middleton Gas Project (Jan 09)
- Beach Says Hello to Mr. Rod Rayner (Nov 11)
- Beach Energy Gains Majority Control of Adelaide Energy (Nov 10)