GAIL, Reliance in JV Talks for NELP VII Blocks
NEW DELHI Oct. 1, 2007 (Dow Jones Newswires)
GAIL India Ltd. (532155.BY) is in talks with Reliance Industries Ltd. (500325.BY) on forming a 50:50 partnership to make exploration and production bids for new oil and gas blocks, the Financial Express reported Monday, citing GAIL chairman and managing director U.D. Choubey.
"We are in talks with Reliance Industries for a joint venture to bid in NELP VII. We are also looking at overseas blocks," the report said, quoting Choubey.
Bidding for exploration blocks in India under the new exploration licensing policy, or NELP, is scheduled to take place in November.
Copyright (c) 2007 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
- OPEC's Output Curbs Squeeze World's Biggest Oil Refining Complex (Oct 16)
- India's Reliance Industries 2Q Profit Up 7%, Lags Estimates (Oct 13)
- India's Reliance Sells US Shale Asset for $126 Mln (Oct 06)
Company: Gas Authority India Ltd. (GAIL) more info
- India Seeks to Rework More LNG Contracts Amid Surplus, GAIL Says (Oct 04)
- LNG Price Row Between India, US Crimps Trump's Export Aims (Jun 30)
- India to Use Market Pricing for Part of Future Gas Finds in Complex Fields (Aug 11)