Partners Find Gas at Maitland
Tap Oil reports that the Maitland-2 appraisal well, located in permit WA-33-R, offshore Australia, has been completed. The well was then plugged back and a core hole, Maitland-2CH, successfully drilled and conventional core over the reservoir section was recovered. A horizontal sidetrack, Maitland-3H, has subsequently been drilled to its total depth, penetrating more than 500 meters of the reservoir in the horizontal section. Good gas shows were observed during the drilling of the horizontal section.
Tap is very pleased that the appraisal of the Maitland field is progressing as planned. The results to date are consistent with the expected gas charged reservoir. Preparations are now underway to flow test the horizontal well, Maitland-3H, to establish potential development production rates for the field. The flow testing program is expected to commence in around one week.
Partners in the well are Tap (Shelfal) Pty Ltd with 22.474%; Apache Oil Aust. Pty Ltd with 48.815%; Pan Pacific Petroleum NL with 10%; and Santos (BOL) Pty Ltd with 18.711%.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ancala Acquires Apache's Two North Sea Gas Pipeline Assets (Nov 20)
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
Company: Santos Ltd. more info
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)