Lundin Gets Approval to Drill 7/4-2 Exploration Well
Lundin Norway AS has received consent to drill exploration well 7/4-2 with the Maersk Giant in the North Sea.
Well 7/4-2 is part of production license 148, with Lundin as operator and Talisman Energy and Norwegian Energy Company as the other licensees.
The well is located in the North Sea approximately 240 km southwest of Egersund. The Maersk Giant received an Acknowledgement of Compliance (AoC) in February 2002.
Planned start-up of the drilling activity is October 1, 2007. It is expected to take approximately 60 days to drill the well.
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
Company: Lundin Petroleum AB more info
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Output At Lundin's Grieg Field Back To Normal After Forties Outage (Dec 27)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)