Hess Signs Up Stena DrillMAX III for Five Year Term
Hess Corporation has secured the Stena DrillMAX III drillship to cover many of its deepwater drilling and completion needs beginning in the middle of 2009.
The contract, for approximately $950 million, provides Hess with a state-of-the-art rig equipped to drill in up to 7,500 feet of water. The agreement is for five years.
"This agreement offers us a high specification rig in the time frame we desire and will give us the speed and flexibility we need to maximize our global exploration and development activities," said John J. O'Connor, President, Worldwide Exploration & Production.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Hess Cutting Hundreds of Workers As It Battles Activist Investor (Jan 16)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
- About 75,000 Bpd Of Gulf Oil Output Still Shut After Shell Fire (Nov 15)
Company: Stena Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Norway Rig Workers Agree Wage Deal, Avoid Strike (Jun 25)
- Statoil Takes $350M Hit on Angola Exploration Halt (Nov 21)
- 3Legs Sells its Last Polish Shale Gas Concessions (Nov 05)