AWE Abandons West Cape-1
AWE says that the West Cape-1 well was preparing to run wireline logs prior to plugging and abandoning the well. During the week, the well was drilled 2,181 meters from 1,500 meters to a total depth of 3,681 meters. No significant hydrocarbon shows were encountered through the primary objective Kapuni F Sands.
The West Cape prospect is located in the western Taranaki basin within PEP 38481. The prospect is located approximately 20 kilometers west of the Tui Area oil project, which recently started production. At the completion of the operations at West Cape-1, the Ocean Patriot drilling rig will be moved to drill the Kopuwai-1 well in PEP 38482.
Participants in PEP 38481 are:
AWE (Operator) 40.0% OMV New Zealand Pty Limited 25.0% Energy Western Holdings Ltd ("Shell NZ") 20.0% Todd Petroleum Mining Company Ltd 15.0%
- Qatargas Signs Deal To Deliver LNG To Austria's OMV (Dec 20)
- CEO: OMV To Become Bigger, Grow Marketing Outside Of Europe (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: Todd Petroleum more info
- OMV Gets First Oil from Maari Growth Project (Dec 01)
- Drilling at Hoki-1 Further Delayed by Rig Repair (Mar 19)
- AWE Ready to Spin Bit at Hoki-1 Offshore NZ (Mar 05)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)