Petrobras and PDVSA Reaffirm Agreements for Joint Projects
Both presidents of Brazil, Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva and of Venezuela, Hugo Chavez have reaffirmed the agreements signed previously between Petrobras and PDVSA for joint projects during a meeting held September 20, at the Hotel Tropical, in Manaus (Amazonas).
Chávez confirmed PDVSA's participation in the Abreu e Lima Refinery, slated to be built in Pernambuco, with 40% of the capital. Petrobras, which will be the operator, will control 60% of the unit. The refinery's construction work is currently in the earthwork phase.
Meanwhile, Petrobras will hold a 40% share in the Extra-Heavy Oil Processing Plant, in the Orinoco Range, Venezuela, while PDVSA will control the remaining 60% of it.
On the occasion, the parts also took-on the commitment to hold quarterly technical meetings in both countries to expedite projects such as the Carabobo 1 Field Certification and the Southern Gas Pipeline. It was also decided that an engineering project aimed at undertaking Southern Gas Pipeline viability studies will be opened for bids.
The meeting participants set December 12 2007 as the date for the next gathering.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: PDVSA more info
Operates 14 Offshore Rigs
Manages 26 Offshore Rigs
- Algeria Sends More Oil To Cuba As Venezuelan Supplies Fall (Jan 10)
- Venezuela's PDVSA At Risk Of Losing Bonaire Terminal Over Maintenance Delay (Dec 19)
- Paralysis At PDVSA: Venezuela's Oil Purge Cripples Company (Dec 15)