GustoMSC to Design GlobalSantaFe's New Drillship
On September 6, 2007, Hyundai Heavy Industries in Korea and GlobalSantaFe in Houston signed a contract for the turnkey supply of a "GustoMSC P10,000 Next Generation" drill ship. The unit will be delivered by the yard in the third quarter of 2010.
Seven years after delivery of two GustoMSC 10,000 drill ships to Pride International, and another two P10,000 units to GlobalSantaFe, the success of our famous integrated design is continued with this Next Generation deepwater unit.
The present integrated design includes some major enhancements with regard to the previous generation, featuring advanced dynamic positioning capabilities, triple activity load paths, a derrick rated for 4 million pounds, dual liquid-storage systems, a larger accommodation and an efficient deck design that provides significantly more space than other drill ships currently under construction.
The GustoMSC legacy as the independent drill ship designer, which started in the 1970's with the Pelican series drill ships, is now continued with this new vessel for GlobalSantaFe.
- Hyundai Heavy Plunges by Record on $1.2 Billion Sale Plan (Dec 27)
- World's Top Two Shipyards Signal More Orders as Earnings Improve (Apr 27)
- Billionaire Fredriksen Buys Rig, Ends Hyundai Dispute (Mar 13)
Company: GlobalSantaFe more info
- Transocean's GlobalSantaFe Merger Proves Positive in Year End Review (Feb 20)
- GlobalSantaFe Updates Customs Investigation (Nov 27)
- Transocean Closes Merger with GlobalSantaFe (Nov 27)