Otto Says Turkish Seismic Survey Completed Ahead of Schedule
Otto Energy and Incremental Petroleum says that the 3D Seismic Survey in the Turkish Edirne License in the Thrace Basin was completed on budget and ahead of schedule as of September 17, 2007.
Oil and gas survey consultants Fugro UK will process the seismic data, which is expected to be available for interpretation in early December.
-The 149km2 3D survey was finished under budget and two weeks ahead of schedule with no interruptions.
-The survey was designed to cover the central, and so far most prospective, section of the permit which includes the joint venture’s three existing gas discoveries: Koyustu-1, Bati Umur-1 and Arpaci-1
-As previously announced Otto Energy and Incremental Petroleum intend to drill approximately five wells in a program commencing in December 2007 targeting at least two targets with the potential to each contain 30bcf or more of recoverable gas.
-Further well locations will be finalized based on the results of ongoing studies and the 3D seismic.
Commenting on the news Alex Parks, CEO of Otto Energy, said “Our Turkish Operator has done an excellent job of managing the seismic acquisition and we are pleased that the survey has been completed ahead of schedule.
"We are looking forward to the drilling campaign scheduled to commence in December 2007 and are confident the Joint Venture has sufficient gas reserves in Turkey to warrant an immediate gas development feasibility study, aiming at commencing production in 2008."
The Joint Venture in the Edirne License in Turkey consists of:
Merty Energy Ltd (Joint Operator) 10% Petrako Ltd (Joint Operator) 10% Otto Energy Ltd (ASX:OEL) 35% Incremental Petroleum Ltd (ASX:IPM) 45%
- Philippines DOE Grants Moratorium on Palawan Basin's SC55 Work Program (Jun 17)
- Otto Launches Legal Action Against Swala Over Tanzania's Pangani License (May 13)
- Otto Energy Updates on Drilling at SM-71 #1 Discovery in the Gulf of Mexico (Apr 27)
Company: Incremental Petroleum more info
- TransAtlantic Petroleum Snaps Up Incremental Petroleum (Mar 06)
- Incremental Nods TransAtlantic's Increased Takeover Bid (Feb 12)
- TransAtlantic Australia Increases Takeover Bid for Incremental (Feb 05)
Company: Merty Energy more info
- Xtract Energy Updates on Operations Onshore Turkey (Dec 01)
- Xtract Energy Updates on Turkish JV's Operations (Apr 24)
- Sarakiz-2 Well in Turkey to Spud in Late October (Oct 15)
Company: Petrako Limited more info
- Otto Says Turkish Seismic Survey Completed Ahead of Schedule (Sep 19)
- Otto Farms Out Turkish Licenses (Mar 13)
- Otto Reports on Turkish Drilling (Jan 25)